Thursday, September 23, 2010

Birthday Weekend

I'm TWENTY-TWO!  All adult-like and sophisticated?!  That's right :-)

How cool to have my 22nd birthday in Africa?!  And it was such a great weekend!  I got to celebrate with all the other volunteers and we definitely made a weekend out of it.

It was also Michaela's birthday (Sept. 17th) so we had a combined birthday bash!
The weekend started with a fabulous meal out at Castle Restaurant.

And was followed by an unbelievably amazing performance by the Korye Dance Theatre.  They put on a two-hour drumming and dancing performance for us!  SO AWESOME!
How they can move their body like that is way beyond me, but makes me super jealous!

Then on Saturday (my birthday), I was awoken at 6am to my brother Emmanuel pounding on my door!  He was almost more excited that it was my birthday than I was!  My host family sang "Happy Birthday" to me and gave me a beautiful dress that my sister Augustina had made!  It was very sweet and special of them!  And I LOVE the dress...

 Later, all of us volunteers headed out to Adandze Beach Resort to spend the night!  It is one of the most beautiful places on earth!  God did good.

 We swam in the waves, took lots of fun pictures, went on walks, ate a fantastic dinner with pina coladas, had a bonfire, read our books, chatted, fell asleep on the beach, watched the "sunrise" (it was too cloudy, but still beautiful), and just RELAXED!


It was a wonderful weekend with wonderful people!  A birthday I will definitely never forget!
 P.S. Goodnight Africa!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! I'm so happy we got to share our birthdays together in Ghana!

    P.S. Goodnight, Danielle. (said in a white girl's best imitation of an African voice that embodies all of Africa)

    ReplyDelete